If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you are in a relationship that involves domestic violence.
Does a family member or your intimate partner…
- Hit, punch, slap, kick, shove or bite you?
- Threaten to hurt you or your children?
- Force you to have sex?
- Throw things at you?
- Destroy your personal property or sentimental items?
- Tell you that you are worthless and that the violence is your fault?
Emotional, mental, and financial abuse IS domestic violence. Domestic violence is not just physical abuse. Abusers use many tactics of power and control over their partner, which may or may not include physical violence.
When you find yourself in a situation involving domestic violence, sometimes everything seems so overwhelming that you don't know where to begin making changes. The Personalized Safety Plan is a good place to start. If you decide to print out the Plan, please consider keeping it in a place that is not accessible to anyone else, particularly to the person whose violence has become an issue for you.
All Rights Reserved.
440 Elm Place, Princeton, IL 61356 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(815) 872-0087 | (800) 474-6031 (emergency) | (815) 872-5044 (fax)