PRINCETON, IL NON-PROFIT FISCAL MANAGER/FULL-CHARGE BOOKEEPER/ACCOUNTANT
Founded in 1983, Freedom House is the domestic and sexual violence agency for Bureau, Henry, Marshall, Putnam and Stark Counties, with a 32-bed shelter and administrative offices in Princeton, IL, and satellite outreach offices in Kewanee, Cambridge, and Atkinson. We are seeking a Fiscal Manager. This position is a key part of the management team and reports directly to the Executive Director.
The Fiscal Manager is responsible for all aspects of the agency’s fiscal practices. The position requires close coordination and communication with the Executive Director and departmental managers. In addition, this position is required to work successfully with representatives from various funding sources and the Corporate Auditor to fulfill the fiscal needs and requirements of the organization. The Fiscal Manager supports the agency’s mission, philosophy, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: professionalism, confidentiality, excellence, competence, teamwork, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment to the communities and persons served, and accountability and ownership.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain the daily fiscal workflow of the agency, including tracking grant information, preparing and recording income, expenditures, and preparing payroll and quarterly reports, including:
2. Manage human resources functions:
3. Prepare a detailed fiscal report for and attend monthly Board meetings to present financial information and answer questions;
4. Maintain excellent relations with staff members;
5. Maintain all confidentiality policies of the agency and ethical boundaries with clients;
6. Participate in the development of policy and procedure for the agency;
7. Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Associate’s will be considered depending on experience
2. A minimum of two years’ experience in fiscal management for an Illinois human services agency funded by DHS is preferred; or, at least three years’ recent experience in non-profit or governmental accounting;
3. Knowledge of preparation of income statement & balance sheet;
4. Knowledge of journal entries, accruals, and reversing entries;
5. Expert proficiency in QuickBooks (i.e. class, credit card feature, bank reconciliation, payroll & liabilities, creating W-2’s, creating 1099’s),
6. Expert proficiency in Excel and Word;
7. Analytic math skills that include working with proportional allocations and problem-solving;
8. Knowledge of databases, and how to run report queries based on certain criteria;
9. Ability to represent the agency and its fiscal practices effectively in a variety of settings;
10. Attention to detail;
11. Ability to develop new fiscal processes to fulfill the needs of grantors;
12. Ability to work independently, research, problem solve, and figure out processes;
13. Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
14. Strong leadership qualities and experience;
15. Ability to work independently and effectively with all agency staff and with multiple outside agencies;
16. Ability to interact effectively with the diverse communities served;
17. Ability to maintain appropriate professional / client boundaries;
18. Forty hours of training as required by the Illinois Criminal Sexual Assault Act. An approved sixty hour combined training course is also acceptable (completed within the first six months of employment).
Competitive salary and benefits, including generous PTO, health insurance contribution, and retirement plan.
Please download a copy of a Freedom House employment application from our website: www.freedomhouseillinois.org. E-mail the completed application, resume detailing work experience, education, references, and a cover letter (as Word or PDF) detailing recent salary history to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries.
Our current Fiscal Manager is relocating. Available immediately.
Freedom House is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Freedom House does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status of sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Freedom House will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unrelated to the ability to perform one’s job, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization. Employment with Freedom House is employment-at-will, meaning it is voluntarily entered into, and may be terminated at any time, without or with cause, by the employee or by Freedom House. Posting this notice does create a commitment by Freedom House to fill the position.